General Education Core 42 Requirements: 32 Hours
Area 3A and 3B fulfilled by required Biology and Chemistry courses (7 hours)
Area 4 fulfilled by required Mathematics course (3 hours)
Science and Math minimum hours: 27
EHAC Basic Science & Math may be met by taking courses off campus: 27 hours minimum
The EHAC requirements may be met with lower division 100 or 200 level courses. The EHAC science and math courses may be transferred from other colleges or universities offered on campus or online. The student should email the MSSU EHS Director prior to enrollment for EHAC science and math at other colleges or universities to affirm that the course meets EHAC requirements. Currently, MSSU only offers BIO 0101 General Biology and MATH 0130 College Algebra for the above list by distance learning meaning online students will have to obtain the other course requirements from other institutions.
Basic Science & Math Requirements, the minimum hours include:
• Biology with laboratory (BIO 0101 ) - at least 3 semester hours, 5 quarter hours.
• Microbiology with laboratory at least 3 semester hours, 5 quarter hours
• General Chemistry with laboratories - at least a total of 6 semester hours or 10 quarter hours
• Organic Chemistry with laboratory - at least a total of 3 semester hours or 5 quarter hours.
• Physics - at least 3 semester hours or 5 quarter hours.
• Additional Basic Science - (at least 6 semester hours or 10 quarter hours), basic sciences must total at least 24 hours
• College Algebra (MATH 0130 ) (at least 3 hours or 5 quarter hours) or higher level
Note this list of basic science and math courses is subject to periodic change by EHAC.
As needed to total 120 approved hours hours (including 39 upper division 300-400 level).
Elective courses should complement the needs of an EHS professional or graduate school. See your EHS advisor for suggestions on elective courses.
Total Hours: 120
Distance students must earn the equivalent of MSSU on campus General Education Core Requirement courses. Most GECR courses are available from MSSU by distance learning with the exception of chemistry of physics.
Institutional requirement UE 0100 may also be met by HNRS 0101 (2 credit hours).
EH 0370 and EH 0380 are taught each fall and spring semester, either on campus and/or via distance learning. EH 0370 is taught each summer semester via distance learning.