Nov 27, 2022
General Education Core 42 Requirements: 33 Hours
- Area 1A 6 hours Social & Behavioral Sciences - see below for options
- Area 1B 3 hours Civic Engagement - see below for options
- Area 2A 6 hours Written Communication - see below for options
- Area 2B 3 hours Oral Communication - see below for options
- Area 3 7 hours Natural Science 1 with and 1 without lab - see below for options
- Area 4 3 hours Mathematics - see below for options
- Area 5A 6 hours Humanites - 3 of 6 hours met by Modern Language course, remaining 3 hours see below for options
- Area 5B 3 hours Fine Arts - fulfilled by ART 0251 or ART 0252
- Area 5C 3 hours Global Competencies - met by additional Modern Language course
- Area 5D 2 hours Health and Wellness - see below for options
Click for all General Education Core 42 Areas and Course Options
Institutional Degree Requirement: 1 Hour
Art Requirements: 50 Hours
Two Dimensional Media Select One: 3 Hours
Three-Dimensional Media Select One: 3 Hours
Art History (upper division) Choose One: 3 Hours
Upper Division (300-400 level) Art Electives: 12 Hours
Electives: 24-26 Hours
As needed to total 120 approved credit hours (including 39 upper division 300-400 level).
Consider adding a certificate or a minor. Click on “Return to Academic Programs” at the top or bottom of the page.
Total Hours: 120
One Modern Language course satisfies 3 hours of General Education Core 42 Requirement area 5A (6 hours required). One Modern Language course satisfied 3 hours of General Education Core 42 Requirement are 5C.
ART 0251 or ART 0252 satisfies General Education Core 42 Requirement Area 5B.
Institutional requirement UE 0100 may also be met by HNRS 0101 (2 credit hours).