Dr. Deborah Brown, Dean
Taylor Hall 128A • 417-625-9314
The mission of the Missouri Southern School of Education is to create an inclusive and equitable learning environment that promotes intellectual and personal growth through scholarship, research and practical application.
The objectives of the School of Education are:
- to ensure the transmission of knowledge regarding the social, historical and philosophical foundations of each discipline;
- to foster an awareness of the cultural diversity that exists in society and to provide knowledge relative to the contributions made by various cultures in each discipline;
- to integrate and apply technology relevant to research and professional productivity;
- to develop critical thinking, communication and professional collaboration skills;
- to instill an awareness and understanding of the personal and professional impact of participation in professional organizations and a commitment to life-long learning;
- to develop professional attitudes and ethical standards;
- to support opportunities for faculty and staff to remain current and to conduct research in their respective disciplines;
- to provide instructional facilities and equipment essential to the delivery of effective instruction;
- to encourage faculty to provide consultation services and to otherwise serve as resources for the area and,
- to maintain the viability of the School of Education’s programs through systematic and continuous assessment, evaluation and modification.